The doctors and staff at Miamisburg Vision Care are thrilled to let you know that our office will be open on May 1, 2020 for both emergency and routine care. We wanted to let you know about some changes we have made, following the guidelines put forth by the CDC, in order to protect our patients, staff and community.
Major medical insurance companies are now allowing our doctors to perform telehealth visits! If you are having an eye problem, call our office and our staff can determine if telehealth is the right option for you. Our office will also be available to see you in person for emergency care, comprehensive examinations, care of other eye conditions, and glasses/contact lens services.
We have taken steps to minimize the number of people you may encounter at our office. We are offering curbside appointment check-in and dispensing of glasses and other purchased items. Simply call our office at 937-866-3471 and the correct option when you arrive, and our staff will be happy to help you! We ask that companions remain in the vehicle, unless it is necessary for a caregiver to accompany the patient. Allowing entrance into the building by appointment only ensures that we may reduce the number of people in the office, helping us to maintain physical distancing.
All doctors, staff, and patients will be screened for COVID-19 before entering the building. Doctors and staff will be wearing masks and/or gloves whenever possible, and we encourage you to bring a mask or other face covering to your appointment. Equipment and surfaces will be disinfected before and after each patient according to CDC standards.
We look forward to serving your vision and eye care needs! Please contact our office at 937-866-3471 to schedule!
When patients ask what we are doing to keep our business safe
- Doctors/staff/patients screened and temps taken before entering building
- Doors are locked, and patients enter the building by appointment only.
- Telehealth visits encouraged whenever appropriate
- Intake forms completed online before appointment
- Patient appointments are spaced to minimize number of people in the office
- Doctors/staff wearing masks and gloves
- Disinfecting equipment/surfaces/glasses frames before and after each patient
- Barriers installed on equipment and workspaces
- Curbside dispensing of glasses and other purchased items (no walk in service)